- 1 lb ground beef (grass fed if possible)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup beef stock
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate perils/seeds, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix the beef with the ground cumin, chili flakes, cayenne pepper and salt. Add the egg and mix thoroughly until all is blended well.
- Form the meatballs, by taking one full tablespoon of the beef mixture and roll it between your palms until you have created nice, evenly round meatballs.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat, drizzle with oil, and when it’s hot enough start adding your meatballs. Sear them for about 2 minutes on one side, then flip them on the other side and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the pomegranate juice, beef stock and milk to the skillet, cover with a tight lid and let simmer for about 20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and pomegranate seeds - serve hot.
Thank you Cleanfoodcrush.com