- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- olive oil or coconut oil spray
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable, or chicken broth
- 3 fresh lemons, juice and zest
- 3 Tbsps coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp gluten free flour, or potato starch
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Spray the inside of your crockpot lightly.
- Add in chicken, garlic, sea salt, and 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Stir to combine, then cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Once nearing cooking time completion: In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup broth, honey, coconut aminos, gluten free flour, lemon juice and zest.
- Pour this mixture into the crockpot, stir to coat.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes on HIGH, or until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds and green onions just before serving.
- Serve with a side of cooked brown rice or quinoa, and broccoli.
Thank you cleanfoodcrush.com for the wonderful recipe.