- 1 lb. grass fed skirt steak
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to your taste
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add steak and season with sea salt and pepper. Cook until the steak is seared on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for about 2 minutes more for medium.
- Set aside on a chopping board, then slice thin.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then add onion and bell peppers.
- Season with oregano, sea salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onions and peppers are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the steak back to skillet and toss to combine. Sprinkle with provolone then cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid and cook until the cheese has melted, about 1 minute.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter.
- Scoop steak mixture onto each piece of lettuce.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Thank you cleanfoodcrush.com