- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground lean turkey or chicken
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 15-ounces black beans, or kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) jar fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 Tbsps chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, divided
Optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, diced avocado, chopped green onion, Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high.
- Add the turkey, chili powder, ground cumin seed and garlic powder.
- Cook and stir, breaking up the meat as you go, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, then transfer the meat to the bottom of a large slow cooker
- Add in the dry quinoa, beans, corn, bell pepper, celery, onion, and tomatoes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, then stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours, until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until the cheese melts, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with any desired toppings. Enjoy!
Thank you Cleanfoodcrush.com