I love fresh mint from my garden in just about everything. Check this out!
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large (1-pound) English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
Combine quinoa and 2 1/4 cups water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover the pan and simmer until quinoa is tender and a white "tail" appears around each grain, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Add quinoa, cucumber, onion and mint, and toss to combine.
Nutritional Info: er Serving: 170 calories (20 from fat), 2g total fat, 105mg sodium, 31g carbohydrates, (4 gdietary fiber, 7g sugar), 6g protein.
This wonderful recipe courtesy of our Positive Power Partner, Whole Foods Market!