Thinly sliced summer squash fills in as a flavorful no-cook pasta salad at your next cookout or picnic. Enjoy with grilled sausages, on a grilled chicken sandwich or over a bed of mixed greens.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram or oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds zucchini and/or yellow summer squash
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimientos, drained
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, marjoram, salt and pepper until blended.
Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, cut squash lengthwise into long, thin “noodles.” Rotate squash as you peel and discard seedy core. Add squash to dressing in the bowl along with pimientos and toss to combine. Serve immediately or let marinate up to 15 minutes.
Nutritional Info: Per Serving: Serving size: about 1/2 cup, 80 calories (60 from fat), 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 230mg sodium, 4g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 2g protein.
This wonderful recipe courtesy of our Positive Power Partner, Whole Foods Market!