One of my favorite websites to visit is www.skinnytaste.com. Check out this gem! It only takes 20 minutes to prepare. This light summer 5-ingredient zucchini salad is this perfect summer side dish. You can serve this as an appetizer, side dish or even as a light lunch for two.
- 2 medium zucchini, ends cut off and sliced 1/16th with mandolin
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste and fresh black pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- Combine oil and lemon juice. Place a layer of zucchini to cover the bottom of a platter. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
- Repeat layering zucchini, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice until all zucchini is used up. Let marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- Right before serving, top with fresh arugula, shaved Parmesan and serve.
Nutrition information: Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/2 zucchini, 1/4 cup arugula, 2 tbsp shaved parm. Calories: 81, Total fat: 6g, Sodium: 90mg, Carb 5g, Fiber 2g, Sugar 2g, Protein: 3g