One of my favorite childhood picnic memories is of eating Ambrosia Salad. It was such a treat! However, the original recipe has heavy cream, sugar, sour cream and marshmallows. Fresh summer cantaloupe and honeydew melons put a delightful spin on this classic fruit salad in this version that is deliciously creamy without cream!
- 2/3 cup canned 365 Everyday Value Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/2 banana
- 3 cups 1/2-inch cubes cantaloupe and honeydew melon
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (4-ounce) cups 365 Everyday Value Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
Purée coconut milk and banana in a blender until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Add melon, grapes, pecans and oranges; toss to combine. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, top with toasted coconut and serve.
Nutritional Info: Per Serving: 190 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 20mg sodium, 19gcarbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 15g sugar), 2g protein.
This wonderful recipe courtesy of our Positive Power Partner: